Safety tips for traveling in winter weather should be followed by ANYONE taking to the road during this holiday season, well these apply for all winter travel. These are the things that I have done every year after learning from personal experience. I was caught in a blizzard one year driving back to college for the spring semester. We didn't have any of these items with us and I sure wish we had.
- Be sure to check your tires for correct pressure
- Never let your gas tank get below half full
- A bag of kitty litter will help if you get stuck
- A small broom or shovel
- Be sure your flashlight has fresh batteries
- Update your first aid kit
- Throw a blanket in the trunk and maybe a pillow
- Bottled water and some type of protein or granola bars
If you found this blog valuable, please subscribe by clicking the button to the right.
What to learn more, Google Me!
The opinions and general information in this blog are soley those of Kathy Sheehan. Specifics regarding an individual case should be discussed in detail with a loan professional. For a confidential consultation, please feel free to contact me via phone or email. All terms and conditions are subject to change.