Simple Needs GA is a non-profit founded by my friend Brenda Rhodes. I first met Brenda while we were volunteering for a Share Our Strength event several years ago. It is easy to get caught up in her passion for this mission. There is a huge need to help those in difficult situations.
Here is a list of the programs currently offered by Simple Needs GA:
- Providing brand new shoes for children
- Providing household necessities such as laundry detergent and cleaning supplies
- Providing a duffle bag with full size toiletries to those living in homeless shelters
- Supplying tents and sleeping bags, along with other essentials for those living in the woods.
- Providing birthday presents and celebrations for disadvantaged kids on their birthday.
Personally, I was cleaning out a closet when I realized how many items I hadn't used in years. I started a pile for donation and before I knew it, I found comforters, sheets, blankets, afghans, candles etc enough to fill the trunk of my car. I know that they will be appreciated by someone that needs these items.
For more information about the organization and to find ways you can donate or make a donation, please check out the website, http://www.simpleneedsga.org.
The photos used seen here are with the permission of Simple Needs GA.
If you found this blog valuable, please subscribe by clicking the button to the right.
What to learn more, Google Me!
The opinions and general information in this blog are soley those of Kathy Sheehan. Specifics regarding an individual case should be discussed in detail with a loan professional. For a confidential consultation, please feel free to contact me via phone or email. All terms and conditions are subject to change.