Atlanta home buyers be ready! The spring market is in full swing and that means home buyers need to ready. Ready not just to write the offer once they find their dream home, but most importantly be ready financially. So before you look at that first home here are a few things that you should have squared away:
- Know your household budget - what do you want to spend?
- Review your credit report!!! Make sure any errors have been corrected
- Get your paperwork in order ---
*2011 and 2012 FEDERAL tax returns - this must include all schedules! Do not black out information or send STATE returns
*2011 and 2012 W-2's
* Last 2 months asset statements - including checking, savings, 401K
* Last 30 days pay stubs
* Copy of your driver's license
* Copy of your social security card
* Name of the apartment management company and contact information OR 12 months canceled rent checks
* Name of the contact person the Human Resources Department that can verify employment
* Name and contact information for the homeowner's insurance agent you work with
* Copy of divorce decree and settlement (if applicable)
* Copy of bankruptcy filing and discharge papers (if applicable)
- Once you have been pre-qualified DO NOT make any changes to ANYTHING unless you speak with you licensed Loan Officer.
If you found this blog valuable, please subscribe by clicking the button to the right.
What to learn more, Google Me!
The opinions and general information in this blog are soley those of Kathy Sheehan. Specifics regarding an individual case should be discussed in detail with a loan professional. For a confidential consultation, please feel free to contact me via phone or email. All terms and conditions are subject to change.