What is National Stepfamily Day?
National Stepfamily Day is a day dedicated to the the stepfamily. There are so many blended families in this country. So, if you are a stepfather, stepmother, stepdaughter or stepson, this day is for you.
When was Stepfamily Day Formed?
National Stepfamily Day is officially recognized on September 16 of each year in the United States, and also in the countries who acknowledge it. Stepfamily Day was formed for all the stepfamilies to spend some time together. It is an honor for the children to accept their stepparents.
How is Stepfamily Day Celebrated?
On this September 16, keep yourself free to enjoy with your new spouse and stepchildren. Local communities in the U.S oftento celebrate this day. If nothing has been planned from their side, don't get disheartened! Plan your very “own” stepfamily day.
Planning doesn't necessarily mean spending a fortune. You can keep it low. The whole idea behind celebrating Stepfamily Day is to celebrate time with your new family! The following tips may help you:
- Take a professional family portrait at a studio near you.
- Go to a beach and make a blended sand bottle that represents your family. Give turn to each of your family member to pour the sand into the bottle with food color. The result symbolizes how all individuals create one beautiful and united family.
- Write to all the members of the stepfamily about what you love about them and what makes them special for you.
- Plan a camp-out either in the backyard or a park.
- Make a cookbook by collecting everyone's favorite food along with wacky and nostalgic moments associated with it.
If you found this blog valuable, please subscribe by clicking the button to the right.
What to learn more, Google Me!
The opinions and general information in this blog are soley those of Kathy Sheehan. Specifics regarding an individual case should be discussed in detail with a loan professional. For a confidential consultation, please feel free to contact me via phone or email. All terms and conditions are subject to change.